2013 "Go For 2 & 5" PCAWA TETRATHLON
Click HERE for Individual Results
Click HERE for Team Results
INVITATIONAL TETRATHLON AT THE 2013 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Please find below information for riders wishing to be considered for the Invitational Tetrathlon that is being held at this year's National Championships. Same as the olympic disciplines riders need to apply for the National Training Squad. These applications are due in by March 29th and you are asked to also include a dairy of your performanses over the last 12 months.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA FOR THE NATIONAL INVITATIONAL TET:
· Must have attained a score of 600 points on each of two unmounted phases.
· Must be compete at C grade.
· Horse/rider combination has successfully completed an 80cm showjumping course in the previous 12 months. This excludes Training Rounds.
· Must have been adequately prepared for each phase and are capable of successfully completing ALL phases of the competition.
· Must have 3 rallies on horse/rider combination
· Horse/rider combination has successfully completed a cross country at least one round of a cross country course at the level they wish to enter on that mount in the previous 12 months. This may include a cross country course at an ODE, Hunter Trials or Tetrathlon. This excludes Training Rounds.
· Certificate levels and ages to apply as per National Disciplines – Juniors (C certificate) Seniors (C* or above).
Please download the National Training Squad Application Form and your diary sheet from the NATIONALS webpage.
At the September 7th PCAWA Council Meeting the following resolution was passed:
RES07/12 – Tetrathlon
"Tetrathlon competitors must have completed at least one round of a cross country course at the level they wish to enter on that mount in the previous 12 months. This may include a cross country course at an ODE, Hunter Trials or Tetrathlon. This excludes Training Rounds."
2013 PCAWA "Go for 2&5" State Tetrathlon
PLEASE NOTE THERE HAS BEEN AN AMENDMENT TO THE PROGRAM BELOW, CLASSES 31 and 69 HAVE BEEN DELETED
The entry pack for State Tetrathlon Championships is now available by CLICKING HERE
Entries close Wednesday 6 March 2013 at 5pm
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The PCAWA Executive are now calling for Expressions of Interest from members who wish to be part of the PCAWA International Tetrathlon Taskforce. This taskforce will be responsible for organising all elements of the 2014 International Tetrathlon including;
• Athlete Training up to an including the event
• Planning the entire tour include days off for members
• Event Organisation
• Liaising with PCAWA Executive
• Liaising with PCAWA EO to create and manage an operational budget
If you wish to be part of this Taskforce to organise this exciting event please email your Expression of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Wednesday 28th November
PC National Champs 2013.
INVITATIONAL TETRATHLON – Junior & Senior
Tetrathlon is run over four phases and will be run under PCAWA Tetrahlon rules for the Shooting, Running and Swimming phases and PC Rules for the ridden section.
Junior and Senior Teams from each State comprising of four Athletes in each are invited to compete. Team score is the sum of the best three performances overall.
Borrowing of Tetrahlon horses is at the athletes discretion, however Pony Club WA takes no responsibility in this process or any outcome that may arise from this. Tetrathlon horses undergo a separate vet check and are required on site for the ridden phase only.
1. SHOOTING – Target at 30 metres using .22 rifle target shoot. Competitor will adopt the lying position and fire seven shots at their target.
2. RUNNING – Competitors to run 1,500 metres timed. Optimum time is 5 minutes 40 seconds. Plus or minus 5 points per second either side of this time.
3. RIDDEN- Athletes to negotiate an approx 600m course that includes both natural and showjumping fences at 'C' Grade standard 80- 85cm in height. The course will also include a slip rail and gate. See Appendix J - PC Tetrathlon Rules
4. SWIMMING - Competitors will score points according to the distance they have swum in 4 minutes.
PCAWA Tetrathlon Rules - TETRATHLON RULES 2011
PC Tetrathlon Rules - Appendix J
2011 International Tetrathlon Report - Click HERE
Age is determined on first day of the Year.
The One Horse, One Rider Rule will apply for all Pony Club and Open Classes, e.g. Horses may be entered for one class only and may not be entered in any other class.
There is no limit to the number of Competitors a Club can enter. If there are insufficient members to form a team, then they will be included in a composite team. Riders may only compete in one class.
Please refer Tetrathlon Rules, Part I Rule 1.
RIFLE SHOOTING PERMITS
Changes to Police Legislation in 1999 relating to shooting permits means that competitors no longer require shooting permits. Competitors will comply with the updated police legislation by:
* competing on an approved rifle range * the shooting competition taking place under the control of the Holder of the Firearm License.
PONY CLUB ASSOCIATION OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA INC.
303 CATHEDRAL AVE, BRIGADOON WA 6069
PHONE: (08) 9296 1500 | EMAIL: email@example.com